When you're looking for tile floors or walls
for your home or office, you can choose between ceramic or porcelain tiles. However, there are a few differences between the two materials that you may need to know about before choosing ceramic or porcelain tile for your floors.
Differentiating points of ceramic and porcelain tile:
- Material – Ceramic tiles are made up of red or brown clay and hence are less refined. On the other hand, porcelain tile is made from white clay and is more purified and refined
- Color – The shade of ceramic tile is only on the top, where as Porcelain tiles have the color all the way through them… that means the color doesn’t change.
- Cost – Porcelain tiles tend to cost more than the ceramic tiles because of their structure, finish and color
- Maintenance – Porcelain tiles can be easily washed with a damp mop or sponge. The same can be said for ceramic tiles.
- Affordable – Typically, ceramic tile is less expensive compared to the porcelain. Porcelain tile on the other hand is less absorbent and hence more resistant to stains.
But wait there’s more…
Not only is tile long lasting, affordable, durable and easy to maintain, it’s also beautiful and design driven. From ceramic and porcelain, to glass and metals, and from mosaics to large format, tile offers an array of colors, textures, patterns and “blings.”
At Prestige Tile and Carpet Clearance, we stock an extensive collection of ceramic and porcelain tile. If you're looking forward to tile flooring, give our experts a call, and we will be happy to help you with the tile installation and any other queries you may have!